5 Ingredient Tempeh Bacon Vegan, Gluten and Sugar Free

5 Ingredient

Gluten Free and Vegan Tempeh "Bacon"


Tempeh Bacon


Hi there! This is my first attempt at blogging so wish me luck! 😊

This recipe is nice and easy, just like I promised (and it won't break your wallet). I love this recipe, it's so versatile. I like to use it on vegan pizza, for a vegan style English breakfast or just with some rice and veggies for a tasty, quick meal. You could use it in any way you can think of. So here it is, if you liked it be sure to tell me in the comments please!








 1 entire package unflavoured tempeh, thinly sliced
3 TBSP tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 Tbsp. maple syrup or 4-6 liquid stevia drops
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper




  1. Thinly slice the tempeh into strips, but be careful not to make it so thin that it falls apart!
  2. Put the bacon like tempeh strips into a large ziplock bag.
  3. Mix together the tamari, paprika, cayenne and stevia/maple syrup and put it inside the large ziplock bag with the tempeh.
  4. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
  5. When you're ready to cook it heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and dry fry the strips for 2-5 minutes each side.


Makes 4-6 servings, Enjoy!
Tell me how it goes, I'd love to know if you liked it.


Comments